Friday, May 9, 2008

Lime Libations

Last evening, when I was walking the 1/4 mile to my mailbox, the heavy winds we had experienced all day suddenly softened, just like that, in an instant. In came the lightest, warmest air I've felt since our Indian Summer. I've always been one to rush the seasons a bit, so once I got back to the house with my new LL Bean catalog and what I believe is our 3rd June wedding invitation, I pulled the old blender out of the pantry. In went the deliciously dangerous ingredients to concoct one of my favorite summertime drinks:
1 small can of frozen Limeade concentrate
1 cup white rum (I use Bacardi)
3 cups or more of ice (depending on desired potency)
Blend all together until slushy.

Dangerous, I say, because if you are drinking this outside and in good company, and you bring the whole frosty pitcher to the patio table with your favorite floral plastic tumblers, and there's one of those whispering breezes - there's a good chance you will not notice the amount you're consuming. Not that I'd be one to know.....

5 comments:

Nan said...

Does this have a name? So, it's just lime juice and rum? I suppose if one didn't like lime, lemon could be subbed? We'll try it one night and toast you!

Les said...

I've come over via Nan's blog. This cocktail sounds delicious! I have a favorite myself and am planning to make the first batch of the season tomorrow night. You can see the recipe for it here.

Cheers!

alison said...

Hi Nan,

This drink doesn't have a "real" name that I know of - we just refer to it as lime slushy. I think using lemonade concentrate would also be delicious - maybe vodka would taste better than the rum. Wish you were here to do these blender experiments with me!
alison

alison said...

Welcome, Les!
I look forward to visiting your blog as well and checking out your drink recipe. And I love your blog photo of the garden statue - I've never seen one reading a book before - it's perfect!
alison

Les said...

I have two of these garden readers. A boy and a girl. Two of my good friends gave them to me one year for my birthday. They couldn't have picked a better gift!