Monday, July 14, 2008

What I'm reading, watching, listening to

Reading:
Summertime by Raffaella Barker (recommended by dear Nan of Letters from a Hillfarm) . Love it, love it, LOVE IT and don't want it to end.
Also in the on-deck reading basket: the latest issue of Living the Country Life magazine (a very nice little magazine that's absolutely free - visit livingthecountrylife.com to sign up), and Vineyard Seasons by Susan Branch, which I've owned for years but is due for a revisit.

Watching:
Flight of the Conchords Season 1 - a somewhat unsavory but hilarious series I was introduced to over the weekend by my very hip brother-in-law, who couldn't believe I hadn't seen it, let alone heard of it.

Listening:
Trouble by Ray LaMontange, Catch the Moon by Lisa Loeb & Elizabeth Mitchell, Wyndam Hill's Summer Solstice, Neil Young Unplugged

4 comments:

nan said...

You will tear through the Flight of the Conchords DVDs. They are hilarious! And then, you can surf YouTube for hours of Flight of the Conchord videos. Oh so funny!

alison said...

Hi Nan,

You're right - they're hysterical! I was disappointed to see that Season 2 isn't available yet :(.

Nan said...

I'm so, so pleased you love Summertime. I'm amazed I don't read more about it. I think it is a perfect, perfect book.

I just put Flight of the Conchords in my queue and moved it right to the top. If Tom doesn't like it, I'll say, blame Alison. :<;

I loved the Trouble song, but not the others on the cd. Isn't that surprising? It surprised me.

Nan said...

We LOVE Flight of the Conchords! And get this... while watching it, I texted our son to ask if he knew about it or had seen it. He texted right back, and was stunned, amazed because he was watching it at the very same time. Twilight Zone music, please. We just watched a bit, and I handed it over to our daughter to watch. We'll see the rest when she finishes. Funny, funny stuff. it's the light, no I think it's because she was my girlfriend. :<)