Wednesday, July 16, 2008

eBay surprise

Through the years, I've bought many, many things on eBay - jackets for the kids, one-of-a-kind handmade windchimes, antique ice skates, etc. plus probably way too many books. Most recently I ordered a copy of Potluck at Midnight, a cookbook featuring recipes of Martha's Vineyard. Today I received it and planned on sitting down with it later tonight with my pack of post-it notes. As I unwrapped the book from it's packaging, out fell the most beautiful bookmark I've ever seen. It was handmade with bits of pressed violets, ferns, and other white lacey flowers and had a rich, smooth ribbon attached. With it was a note from the friendly eBayer telling me to enjoy the book and to try the "Blue Moon Granola" recipe. The bookmark and personal note were such a nice surprise and made my day. I plan to do the same the next time I sell a book!

1 comment:

Nan said...

What a wonderful story. And what a thoughtful thing for the seller to do. I'm not an 'ebayer' but I do love to hear tales such as this.