Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Board Game Suggestions, Please!

Last night it was cold, windy, and rainy here - definitely an evening for putting in a fire and eating vast quantities of Annie's Kettle Corn. I guess I finally surrendered to the fact that more time is going to be spent indoors than out for the next 6 months. Besides stocking my pantry full like a squirrel, I want to have some things ready entertainment-wise, and I'm thinking I'd like to get a new board game or two. We already have all the basics - Scrabble, Boggle, etc. but I'd like to find some new ones to play when we have friends over. Over the years we've really enjoyed Pictionary and Taboo, but there have to be some new fun ones out that we're missing. Do any of you have a suggestion?

5 comments:

Barry Nadler said...

Have you tried any strategy games?

You ought to give these a chance:
- Carcassonne
- Settlers of Catan
- Thurn & Taxis
- Blokus
- Fluxx (card game)

You can learn more about these games (and a bunch of others) at http://www.bestdanggames.com

Enjoy them!
Barry Nadler
www.bestdanggames.com

Barry Nadler said...

Here is a link to that site.

Best Dang Games

Barry Ndler

alison said...

Thanks for the suggestions, Barry. My son has Blokus but I hadn't heard of the others you listed. They certainly have interesting names! I'll check them out on the website.

nan said...

Mah Jong!!!

Susan Moorhead said...

We are Uno fiends here. Also you can get Bingo games that are fun (you need a couple players to really make it go).