Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Cranberry-Cider Spiced Tea

California may have passed Wisconsin in dairy production, but we're still the lead grower of cranberries! Cranberry recipes abound around here, and this is one of my favorites.


Cranberry-Cider Spiced Tea

8 orange spice teabags
4 c. boiling water
2 c. unsweetened cranberry juice
2 c. apple cider
1/2 c. brown sugar, packed
4-inch cinnamon stick
4 whole cloves
1/2 t. ground ginger (sometimes I leave this out, depending on my mood!)
Garnish: orange slices

In a large saucepan, place teabags in boiling water; steep for 3 to 5 minutes. Disgard teabags; add cranberry juice, cider, brown sugar and spices. Heat almost to boiling, stir until sugar dissolves. Take a moment to smell "the cozy". Strain tea to remove whole spices. Pour into teacups (I'm more of a "mug" girl, myself!) ; garnish with orange slices. This recipe makes 8 comforting servings.

2 comments:

Susan Moorhead said...

I never thought of mixing cranberries and cider even though apples and cranberries together are lovely...I will have to try this sometime this autumn.

alison said...

I hope you like it Susan! I've found a shot of rum in it doesn't hurt, either!