Thursday, April 30, 2009

Another year older!

My birthday was 2 days ago, and just like every year I chose a birthday theme song. This year it was "We Will Not Grow Old" by Lenka. Although the song is about a couple in a new relationship (which doesn't apply to me at all!) I just loved singing the title line with gusto in the kitchen, car, or wherever I happened to be on Tuesday.

Besides the little handmade gifts from my kids, my favorite part of the day was when my husband said "You really don't seem as old you are at all. Although sometimes you seem like you should have been born in the pioneer days with what you like to do." I'll take that as a compliment! And I'll go bake me a cherry pie from scratch while I listen to my very hip Lenka!

3 comments:

Susan Moorhead said...

Happy Birthday, Alison! And yes, whatever your age, you are most definately young at heart :)

nan said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Alison! I hope you enjoyed the cherry pie - as in "Life is as sweet as..."

Nan said...

A late happy day, Alison!! You share a birthday with our son's high school girlfriend whom we adore.