Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Reading, Watching, Listening


I can't believe how time goes and that it's been so long since I posted - I had my husband's birthday and Easter at my house and spun out of control for a little while there. Anyway, here's what I plan on enjoying when I find a spare moment or two:

Reading:
Around the House and In the Garden by Dominique Browning (recommended by Nan of Letters from a Hill Farm)

I also just finished A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson about his hike on the Appalachian Trail. I haven't laughed that hard out loud from a book in a long time, and I plan to get Notes from a Small Island next.

And, since I've read it no less than 50 times the last 2 weeks, I must mention the children's book Little Hoot about an owl who actually wants to go to bed. My 5-year-old can now be heard saying "I don't give a hoot!" while playing with friends and/or stuffed animals.

Watching:
The Straight Story on DVD - "A heartwarming and poignant drama chronicling the story of Alvin Straight, an elderly man who drives his John Deere lawnmower 260 miles to make amends with his brother in Wisconsin."

Listening:
I still can't get enough of Brett Dennen! I also recently got Mason Jennings "In the Ever" from the library, but haven't had a chance to listen to it.

Of course I had Nick Drake's Pink Moon on repeat last week for the real full Pink Moon. Despite it's supposed sad meaning, it's one of my favorite songs of all time. I choose not to think too deeply about it and instead just picture a magical moonlit night (or a Volkswagon commercial).

1 comment:

Susan Moorhead said...

Love Pink Moon, too. And my husband loved the walk in the woods book - now with two recommendations, I have to put it on my get-to list. Have to find that owl book - sounds like something the library should have :)